PRACTICE & GAMES
Players are expected to attend all scheduled practices and games. An individual’s playing time in a game will be in direct proportion to the amount of practices and games in which they have participated. Players that excessively miss practice should not expect to receive the same playing time as those that attend each practice and work hard to improve. If for any reason a player is unable to attend a scheduled event they must call or inform the coach or his designee prior to the scheduled day for an excusable absence.
All 1st through 8th grade teams will practice twice each week. The 1st and 2nd grade team is structured in a lacrosse clinic format and primarily focus on skill development. All other grades continue to develop individual player skills, but also begin team development through age and skill-level appropriate drills.
- Saturday outdoors at APEX turf field, 137 Mountain View Rd, Hillsborough, NJ
- Sunday morning practice will be at the NexLevel Arena, 426 Case Blvd. FLemington, NJ
- two evenings each week (Mon, Tues, Wed or Thurs.) at Harold Docherty Memorial Park (154 Route 206 South, Hillsborough) and are 1.5 hours. Scheduled practices routinely begin at 6pm.
The 1st and 2nd grade teams will have opportunities to play games against local opponents. The game squads will be determined based on the composition of the local opponent’s team since this may vary from year to year.
The 3rd through 8th grade teams play games primarily on weekends, although there may be games during the week on occasion. There can be preseason scrimmages on weekends in March. The schedule includes a few away tournaments which are typically within 50 minutes of Hillsborough. All home games are played at the Hillsborough Lacrosse Complex Fields on Triangle Road.
When attending home games at the Hillsborough Lacrosse Complex:
- Please park in the parking lot and not on the road leading into the complex in front of the concession stand. The police will come and tow your car while at the same time jeopardizing our ability to use the fields.
- Spectators are not permitted behind each of the goals or behind the players bench. Please comply and view all games from the parking lot side of the fields.